Thursday, March 11, 2010

TWD::Thumbprints for Us Big Guys (On Wednesday)

Photobucket

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen by Mike of Ugly Food Dude.  I have to say it was surprisingly easy and tasted pretty good, too. 

Before I get any further into my review of this cookie, I want to sincerely apologize for not posting on Tuesday like I'm supposed to.  I had good intentions.  Much to my surprise, I even made this recipe on-time, too.  What side-tracked me you ask?  Cleaning.  I know. I know.  Lame excuse. But it's true, I tell you!  I've been getting in cleaning moods lately and I just can't stop.  Ceiling to floor and every square inch much be attacked, vacuumed, scrubbed, polished, Windexed, etc. before I'm satisfied.  I sure do LOVE getting in these moods, but really NOTHING else gets done when I get going except that cleaning.  I must have caught the Spring Cleaning Bug sooner this year.  Good thing.  My house has been needing some TLC pretty bad! 

That said, let's talk cookie...Thumbprint Cookies, that is.  I chopped up some almonds for this recipe instead of the hazelnuts it called for.  I'm not a super big fan of hazelnuts and I already have stashes of almonds handy.  Besides I completely {HEART} almonds.  Seriously. My kids do too.  It's funny.  They saw me using the almonds AND putting the almond extract in the dough and vultures they became!  Silly kids!

Also, I used my homemade kiwi raspberry jam I had lying around, and Mmmm!  The combination of everything was just TASTY!  I did make my cookies 2x the size Dorie said to...and eating them I know why.  SUPER crumbly, but Oh SO good, anyway and Incredibly FAST to make and look at the beautiful result! 

If you'd like to try this recipe out, too.  Head on over to Mike's blog HERE to get a copy of the recipe.  You can also check out what other Tuesdays with Dorie bloggers baked up this week by going to the TWD Blogroll HERE.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your cookies look de-lish! Love your close up photos!
    If you ever need somewhere else to clean....;)
    We're moving to Utah in June. Where do you live?
    We're actually in Utah right now for spring break and are working out details on getting the house we found and love in Eagle Mountain.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin