Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TWD::Orange Poppy Seed Muffins


Have you ever not liked something forever because repeated taste tests just didn't quite measure up?  Yeah, well, I've been like that practically my whole life when it comes to poppy seed anything.  No matter how often I would try, I just couldn't enjoy it.  Until NOW. 

 Betsy of A Cup of Sweetness chose our Tuesdays with Dorie recipe this week and I have to say Betsy, Thank you.  I absolutely positively fell in LOVE.  I changed mine up a bit since I have so many oranges on hand and made mine and orange-flavored instead of lemon as the recipe suggests.  Though, I know this would taste incredible with lemon as well.  They're called muffins, but really, I say that loosely.  They tasted more like a delicious citrus-y cake-y dessert.  This could easily be made into one large loaf, a few mini loaves or cupcakes perhaps!?  I mean, when you slather an amazing orange glaze all over the top that makes you want to lick it right off just as fast, what else is there.  Really.  They taste just as good fresh and warm out of the oven as they do cooled.  The best part about this recipe, was that it was so EASY!  I {HEART} recipes that are not only easy but taste incredible, too.   

Don't forget to see how other TWD bakers did with their recipe by checking out the TWD Blogroll.

7 comments:

  1. Yummmmm. The icing by itself looks lickilicious! Thanks for giving the orange a try as well. I love lemon, but orange sounds really yummy with these. Can't wait to try them, but alas, that's what I'm going to have to do. :( (Sometime come spring I may finally get my oven ... maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you found a poppy seed match. I agree, they were more like dessert especially since I put a generous amount of lemon cream cheese frosting on top. Your orange version looks yummy, I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look so good!!! I love easy recipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look how pretty they turned out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, love the orange. I will try orange next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for baking with me this week. Your muffins look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin