Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sloppy Janes

If you've been following me for any length of time, you've probably already seen this recipe, but it's so good and uses so much ZUCCHINI that I just have to remind you of all it's wholesome delicious goodness!
This recipe has very little meat (you could even go all vegetarian and do NO meat).  It consists of grated carrots, grated zucchini, diced onion and seasonings.  I've even put some of my wheat berries in substitute of hamburger and it still tastes fantastic!  This is also a recipe that I can eyeball measurements on and it still turns out excellent! I LOVE recipes that are forgiving like that!

It is also VERY freezer friendly so when I make it I cook up a HUGE batch and put family serving sizes into quart zip top freezer bags and it's ready for a rainy day.  The zucchini, carrots and onion freeze well, on their own, so if you prefer, you could freeze the bags of pre-grated and diced veggies so all you had to do would be to dump the frozen veggies into the pan add the seasonings and sauces and voila!  A FAST, EASY, DELICIOUS dinner in minutes!!!

1 comment:

  1. and i just sent this link to a few people tthat will love this! woot woot

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin