Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Inqiring Mind

So, I've had a question rolling around in my mind for a while now and am wondering if my wonderful friends/readers might have an answer.

"Coconut Milk vs. Coconut milk powder reconstituted...is there really a difference?  If there is, what is it?  I know I've tried one of my favorite recipes 2x now using coconut Milk Powder and it fails miserably...the reconstituted milk powder doesn't cut the heat of the Thai Curry Paste...but maybe it's just me."

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the coconut milk powder, but I've noticed a difference between the percentages of coconut cream in the cans of coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally, I'd stick with coconut milk. I prefer the lesser fat version....a lot less heavy and still lots of flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog from a link on Sweet Basil. To be honest, I've never even heard of coconut milk powder, but if it's anything like plain milk powder, I'd stick with the real stuff! If you're using it because of price, Gygi's actually sells some for a fairly low price - granted you're getting a huge bottle of it, but it's definitely more bang for the buck! - and if you're a fan of pina coladas like me and my sister, you don't have to worry about it going bad before it expires! lol Ü

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin