Wednesday, July 7, 2010

TWD::Non-Tarte Noire


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection comes from Dharmagirl of Bliss: Towards a Delicious Life. As you can already tell, I didn't choose to bake the Tarte Noire. I even bought myself a tarte pan recently. I just wasn't in the mood. What was I in the mood to make, you ask? Cheesecake! Mmmm, creamy dreamy silky tall cheesecake. Not just any Cheesecake, though. A turtle cheesecake! I mean really, who doesn't LOVE caramel, chocolate and pecans!? I actually came across the idea on Katrina's blog, baking and boys and thought, why not?
Photobucket
You wanna know the best part? Even though it LOOKED all elegant and fancy it was incredibly easy! Don't you just LOVE desserts like that!?! I know I do! I used the turtle crust, caramel and pecans portion from the Kraft Foods website, while using Dorie Greenspan's Tall and Creamy Cheesecake recipe from the book, "Baking: from My Home to Yours."

Photobucket
As we all took a slice and started devouring, the only change I'd make to this deliciously elegant and incredibly RICH cheesecake....the chocolate drizzle. I'd make it more of a ganache next time. Just melting the chocolate and drizzling on top, did NOT provide the flexibility and gooeyness it needed when we cut into it. No matter, it still tasted FANTASTIC!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...I am drooling! That looks absolutely divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! I never make cheesecake anymore because 8oz costs $4 here. Shoot me now.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin