Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TWD::Lots-of-Ways Banana Cake


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe comes from Kimberly of Only Creative Opportunities. Kimberly, THANK YOU for choosing this yummy recipe. My whole family has enjoyed it!!

I have three favorite smells in the kitchen. 1. Baking homemade bread 2. almond extract 3. freshly grated nutmeg. This recipe comes in with two of the three favorites! Okay, technically just one, but since it's a banana cake, it smelled just like banana bread. NUTMEG! I {HEART} it when I freshly grate it and I {HEART} the flavor in foods I'm eating.

The other component I'm a huge fan of that is in this recipe is coconut milk. That milk is AMAZING! Such small amounts lend such amazing flavors! I really think this banana cake would've turned out better if I had made it in a loaf pan like a bread and still frosted it. It was super crumbly, but VERY delicious!

Where are my pictures, you ask? Nada. My kids felt they needed to be taste-testers this time and couldn't wait to dive right in...hands and all! Yeah...and forgot to laugh and take pictures of the whole ordeal, too. So sorry. You'll just have to drool all over pictures from the other TWD Bakers this week. OR you could go to the link below to Kimberly's blog and see her amazing pictures while you get the recipe to make it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin