Saturday, May 8, 2010

Asian BBQ Chicken

Photobucket

I pulled this recipe from my friend Kira's blog. Between the pictures and her amazing description I couldn't wait to make it. I started drooling right from the start. It was super super easy to pull together, too. In Kira's pictures she's using thighs, but I opted for drumsticks for my family since they were on sale that week.  Plus, don't all kids just LOVE holding to the bone while ripping the meat off cave-man style?  Mine do, that's for sure....husband included!

Can I just say WOW OH WOW OH WOW!  This marinade is absolutely positively incredible!!!  It's so full of flavor with a slight hint of spice.  KILLER!  My daughter gave it two "thumbs up" while eating three drumsticks...she's 6 people.  We are in LOVE with this and will definitely be making it again.  No doubt.  Though, I'll admit, I don't like tearing my meat off the bone.  Ick.  Next time I'll get the drumsticks or whatever is on sale for the rest of my family and do boneless for me.

Since the BBQ season is just beginning to get into full swing, try this recipe out.  In fact, make it for a big gathering...you'll definitely impress with this winning recipe!

{asian bbq chicken marinade}
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp red crushed pepper flakes (I used closer to 1/4)
1/4 tsp curry powder
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 skinned thighs or drumsticks (dark meat tastes best w/ this recipe)
Put all ingredients in a ziptop bag 4 hours to overnight. Squish it all together (get all the air out). Every so often turn the bag. Grill.  (if you have to you could use an indoor grill or the oven if you REALLY had to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin