Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TWD::German Chocolate Bundt Cake

Photobucket
This week for Tuesdays with Dorie, our host Kristin from I'm Right About Everything, chose Milk Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes from my new favorite book, "Baking From My Home to Yours" by Dorie Greenspan.  I cannot express to you how much I {HEART} this book!  I digress, sorry.  This cake was definitely good and not super super chocolatey which I prefer, too.

Instead of sticking with the written recipe I decided to play with it a bit and make it into a German Chocolate Bundt Cake.  I doubled the batter to fit my bundt pan, and filled the pan with half of the batter.  Then layered caramel (I used the apple dipping caramel since that's what I had lying around), a lot of roughly chopped pecans and coconut (which ended up not being quite enough of).  Then poured the remaining batter over the top and baked for 1 hour.  Once it had cooled, I topped it with a chocolate ganache and more of the caramel, pecans and coconut. 

It was a big BIG hit!  The cake was just a bit chocolatey, but once you bite into the center "treasures" oh!  The yummy gooey caramel coconut pecan taste comes out beautifully.  I definitely recommend trying this twist on Dorie's delicious recipe!

You can get a copy of this recipe by buying Dorie's book, Baking from My Home to Yours or by going to Kristin's blog HERE.  Since I didn't stick with the written recipe, you may want to check out what other TWD bakers whipped up by peeking at the TWD Blogroll.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi - found your blog through another "cookie carnival" blog. This cake looks divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! The caramel gooeyness just looks so amazing! Thanks so much for baking with me this week!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin