Saturday, November 28, 2009

TWD::All-In-One Holiday Bundt Cake

Photobucket

Health Update: Mostly better except for the bronchitis. It just won't leave me alone. I'm very reliant on my inhaler and asthma medication like never before. BUT that's okay. Everything else is gone so I can deal with my incessent coughing and breathing problems. At least I'm not contagious! Hooray!

Well, lets get on with this cake post! I'm not a HUGE pumpkin fan. I know, so un-American of me. I don't even like pumpkin pie, so I don't make it for any holiday. So when this recipe called for so much pumpkin in it, I was worried it would taste of pumpkin with a hint of spices and nuts. But it didn't. It tastes only slightly of pumpkin. Good news for me! While it's not my all-time favorite bundt cake, it's definitely not on my least favorite list. If you're a fan of spice cake, you'll like this one. The cake base itself is quite delicious with just the right balance of spices, crunchiness and moistness to make anyone happy.



Photobucket

The one way I DO love to eat pumpkin is along with chocolate chips. Oh yes! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies...say HELLO to Mommy! So, as I'm eating each bite of my slice of this spice bundt cake, I'm imagining how absolutely INCREDIBLE it would taste as a pumpkin chocolate chip bundt instead. Yes, I will most asuredly make this cake again with those changes so I can add the necessary chocolate to it. Oh, and lets not forget the frosting! As much as I LOVE bundts plain, I love them even more with a good frosting glaze. Mmmm...



If you'd like to snag this recipe to make it yourself, either buy the book or head over to our host, Britin's blog The Nitty Britty. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin