Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Penne Pasta with Spicy Sausage & Cheesey Garlic Bread

Photobucket
Confession time. I'm a Food Network Junkie. Okay, there. I said it! Though, I don't think my confession to you all will help wean me off that channel any time soon.

My latest recipe I found while watching "Sandra's Money Saving Meals" on Sunday morning (recipe link below last photo). As she was making everything, I couldn't stop DROOLING! I also knew, that this was something that would win the heart (and somach) of my dear hubby...and it did...as well as the rest of my brood. We all scarfed this one down despite the heat from the red pepper flakes (I even used 1/2 of what it called for)! Thankfully, we LOVE spicy foods!

While we were enjoying this delicious meal, I couldn't help but observe how similar it was to something we would order at some fancy Italian restaurant. Well! NO more! This one makes restaurant night at home so do-able and even more affordable!
Photobucket
I don't know about you, but for us, what makes an italian meal come together is the bread. Whether it be a breadstick or a roll or a loaf. There's something about eating Italian that just screams for a bread side, like we really even need it with all the pasta carbs, right!?

Well, in the true spirit of our Italian Restaurant meal, I made a Cheesy Garlic Bread to go with our pasta. In Sandra's recipe, she says to get a store-bought loaf of garlic bread. I didn't. I have so many loaves of Cibatta bread waiting to be used in my freezer that what I did was make a garlic butter spread and then finish with the rest of Sandra's recipe directions.

No matter what you try, you will LOVE this! I know for certain, this meal will become a regular in our menu schedule!!!

Garlic Butter Spread
1/2 stick butter, at room temperature
4 cloves of garlic, or to taste (I LOVE garlic so I could probably have done even more!), grated

Combine well. Spread lightly on bread.

Photobucket

Penne Pasta with Spicy Sausage & Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin