Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cookie Carnival::Lemon Tartlets


This is the first month in FOR-EV-ER that I've been able to participate in the Cookie Carnival.  Cookies are a serious weakness for me, so it has been really hard not to participate.  Though, if you look at the cookie I made, it looks more like a mini tart.  Yes, I decided to use my mini tart pan and make some lemon tarts instead of cookies.  It just sounded like a good idea.  Sounded being the key word here.  Honestly, I've never used my mini tart pan for making tarts.  I usually use it for mini muffins.  SOO....it was a day to play and experiment! 

These mini tarts turned out really yummy!  They very very closely resemble a lemon bar, which I {HEART}, just with a slightly thicker crust (oops)!  The only thing that would have made them better was to add that favorite ingredient of mine...ALMOND!  So, if you like the traditional tasting lemon bars but want to change it up a bit, try these cookies/tarts out.  BUT if you're like me and have a love affair with Almond flavorings, then you'll definitely want to make my Toasted Almond Lemon Bars.  They are absolutely positively a WOWZA in your mouth and you will crave them forever-more. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. These look beautiful! I love lemon bars, too! I chose to make the peanut butter cookies for Cookie Carnival. Wishing I'd had time to make both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarts are so much fun! The lemon looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin