Saturday, November 28, 2015

Turkey Chili, 21 Day Fix Approved!

For years and years and yeeeears, I've just used a bagged mix to start my chili.  I know. I should know better.  I do/did.  BUT the problem was that I just loved this mix so much that I couldn't pull myself to try another.  Well, in comes Autumn Calabrese and her 21 Day Fix program along with her FIXATE cookbook and BAM!!!  I'm hooked on a new chili! This version is a twist on Autumn's and I {HEART} it!!!!  It's ridiculously fast and easy and DELICIOUS! And the feta cheese and cilantro...well, don't knock it 'till you've tried it! I'm completely SOLD!!!
{turkey chili}
    Modified from FIXATE by Autumn Calabrese
        Makes 6 servings, approx. 1 1/2 c. each

Coconut oil spray
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 lb lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 15oz can  diced tomatoes, no salt added, WITH juice
2 1/2 tsp. Chili powder (may use full Tbsp if you like more heat)
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 c. Low sodium Beef Broth
Cilantro
Feta Cheese

Coat large dutch oven with coconut oil spray.  Cook ground beef or turkey.  Drain and rinse off excess grease.  Set aside.  Coat dutch oven with coconut oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion & bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until onion is translucent.  Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.  Add, beef/turkey, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.  Divide evenly between six serving bowls; top with cilantro and cheese.

Container Equivalents: 1/2 Green, 1 yellow, 1 Red, 1/2 tsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin