Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TWD::Basic Marbled Loaf Cake


This week's selection comes from Carol from The Bake More.  As I'm just now getting back into the food blogging world, I was excited that this was not only a SUPER easy recipe, but doubly delicious!  I really really enjoyed this loaf cake!

I switched things up and instead of using vanilla extract, used Almond (my favorite extract of all time!) and I had forgotten to pick up some bittersweet chocolate last time I was at the grocery store, so opted to use milk chocolate.  How did my changes fare?  Well, the 1/2 tsp of almond is a very subtle flavor.  I would probably double it next time.  Also, you would definitely want to use either semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate in this recipe since the milk chocolate did what I feared.  It just adds more sweet flavor and gets lost in the shuffle.  Oh well.  Now you and I both know.  Regardless, it still tastes fantastic!  Thanks Carol for choosing a winner in my book!

To see how other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers played around with their loaf cake, check out the TWD blogroll.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have found that milk chocolate in baked goods just isn't strong enough. Still, your loaf looks great and I'd love the almond, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin