Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Linguine with Italian Chicken Meatballs & a Product Review!

I was recently contacted by Gold'n Plump Poultry asking if I would be willing to try some of their ground chicken products which have recently started Utah distribution.  Of course I said YES!  I love trying new products, and finding new and exciting family favorites!   And let me be the first to tell you, their new lean ground chicken products are incredible! 


During this time of year, and especially in Utah, many of us start cooking heartier, slow-cook meals that are perfect for ground meat products. This winter as you prepare any ground meat-based recipes, consider trying one of Gold'n Plump's new healthier varieties instead. You will be amazed at how delicious this ground chicken product is!  If you don't believe me, do a "ground-off" to taste and compare different ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey) products. 


The first recipe I tried was the 'ol family stand by, taco salad.  I used the ground chicken from Gold'n Plump just like I would have ground beef.  Added a can of black beans, some taco seasoning and voila!  My family LOVED the replacement of chicken for beef.  It definitely added a different flavor element having ground chicken in the mix, and what a treat!  This will definitely be a do-again!  What I loved the best about it was that the chicken was so incredibly lean (I used the 95/5 variety) that I didn't have to drain it at all and it was still incredibly moist and delicious!
The second meal I made with the Gold'n Plump Poultry was Linguine with Italian Turkey Meatballs...using CHICKEN!  Another winner!!!  We loved the swap using chicken instead of turkey, and again LOVED the lightness that the chicken brought to this meal.  There were so many flavors in the meatballs, that you could've just eaten them plain.  Yumm-O!

Since I know you're going to want to go grab some of this amazing ground chicken, All of Gold'n Plump's products, including its Recipe Ready™ ground chicken, are available at the following stores in Utah: 
Harmons, Dick’s, Lin’s, Marketplace, Fresh Market, Thriftway, Dan’s, Food 4 Less, Family Fresh Foods and Target/SuperTARGET. 


Gold'n Plump's ground chicken products retail for approximately $2.99 to $3.99, per 16-ounce package, and include: 


95/5 ground chicken spaghetti grind (fresh)
93/7 ground chicken chub (fresh and frozen)
90/10 ground chicken spaghetti grind (fresh)
90/10 ground chicken chub (fresh and frozen)

Additional mouth-watering recipes using Gold'n Plump ground chicken can be found right here

1 comment:

  1. sounds purty wonderful to me. We love using chicken instead of beef. Lighter and healthier

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin