Wednesday, May 19, 2010

TWD::Apple-Apple Bread Pudding

Photobucket

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen  by Elizabeth of Cake or Death.  I have to say, I was really excited about this one, too.  Though you wouldn't have guessed it by how late I am at posting it.  Sorry about that.  Time completely got away from me this week.  I also couldn't find Apple Butter or Brioche to make it.  So, I kept hunting and finally was successful, albeit late.  I ended up making my own bread as suggested by a fellow TWD blogger. The bread recipe was seriously amazing!  Like making my own croissant rolls at home, in the bread machine, and in a bundt pan.  I'll definitely be making those again and posting all about it!  Just watch out!

While I really enjoyed this bread pudding recipe, I'm not in love with it.  Then again, I don't like apple pie and this tasted fairly similar to that for me.  So, neh....will I make it again.  Probably not.  Now if I were to tweak it a bit.  Use some of that delicious cinnamon burst bread from Great Harvest THEN add some raisins...and top it with a gooey caramel sauce.  Yeah.  That's what I'd make.

If this recipe sounds like it will suit your fancy, then by all means, swing on over to Elizabeth's blog to get your copy of the recipe.

You can also see how other TWD bakers did with their bread pudding by going to the TWD Blogroll.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it wasn't up your alley! Your variation for next time sounds awesome, though. Thanks for baking along!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin