Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tortilla Roll-ups

First of all, I must apologize. I've not been blogging much lately on any of my blogs. I've been de-junking & sanitizing my garage (we had a big infestation from a little creature...eeewww....), focusing on getting my garden in the ground and getting sick. In that order. Ugh. Anything else life wants to throw my way...bring it. I'm ready!!!

A couple of months ago I threw a bridal shower for a friend and made these delicious little babies for everyone to enjoy. And enjoy they did. Before I knew it, these few were all that were left. Okay, okay. So, I ate a dozen or so myself. They're just SOOOOO good! Creamy mexican flavors wrapped up in a tortilla...bite-sized! What's not to love!? My Mom has made these for YEARS and I've just recently caught the "tortilla roll-up loving bug."

I know, they look good. Don't be fooled, they're not. They're INCREDIBLE!!! Go make them for yourself. NOW. Then try to share them. I DARE you.





Tortilla Roll-ups

4-5 flour tortillas, softened
8oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1-2 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. black olives, broken
1 can diced green chilies, drained

Combine last five ingredients well. Spread onto softened tortillas in a square shape on the center of the round tortilla. Roll up. You can either cut into bite-sized pieces now and serve, or wrap tube tightly in cling wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to use, then cut and serve.

*NOTE: The number of tortillas used depends on how thick you spread on the ingredients.

5 comments:

  1. My aunt has made something very similar to these for years and I LOVE them! They even freeze well.

    We also usually dip ours in chunky salsa with adds a nice flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have missed you so! Hope the rodents are long gone - they are the absolute worst - and that you're feeling better! Can't wait to try these roll-ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been missing your blog! I hope you are feeling better! These look so yummy...though I don't like olives, so I might have to not put those in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Tortilla Roll-ups. You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that is a food and cooking encyclopedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques, or maybe you just like to write reviews about food, restaurant and recipes...why don't you visit us sometimes. And by the way, If you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post. Just add the Foodista Widget
    to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    I hope to see you there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin